News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB 4523205 ??

Posted on CADesertRat Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 1 month ago.

• Author

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

I got the Oct. patches and reset my quality updates to 30 days afterwards when we were at Defcon 2.

This morning I have KB 4523205 waiting to be downloaded which say’s it was released on 11/12/19. Did anyone else get this as late as I did with quality updates set and if so have you had any problems with the update?????

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does ๐Ÿ™‚
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #2004929 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

KB 4523205 is the 1809 CU for November. It was just released on 11/12 (yesterday). When did you reset your Quality updates to 30?

• #2004938 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

I reset quality updates to 30 days on 11/2/19 after getting Oct. updates BUT I just looked again and for some reason Quality updates were back at 0. A mystery I guess on how that changed.

I have now reset it back to 30 so I assume the update will fail when I run it.

• #2004963 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

I set a restore point and backed up my C drive and went ahead and ran it. It installed KB 4523205 but the MSRT failed. Looks like KB 4523204 is the SSU.

This is what it installed according to control panel>view installed updates.

11_13-WU

Attachments:
    • #2004973 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Yes, KB 4523204 is the SSU.

MSRT is failing in Win7 too, but installs OK in Win8.1
      Gotta be MS’s problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB 4523205 ??

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.