News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB2919355

Posted on seventill20 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

seventill20
      AskWoody Lounger

KB2919355 Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems just showed up as an important update on my PC, which has been running 8.1 for about 2 years, with regular updates. It indicates that it was published 4/7/2015. Any idea why it’s showing up now? Can I live without it?

• #1733933 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

KB2919355 showed up in Windows Update because the supersedence metadata is messed up. Go ahead and install it. It will not overwrite any newer files. But the installation will satisfy Windows Update so it will stop offering it to you.

• #1736004 Reply

seventill20
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks. Maybe I don’t need it. I also have the option hide update.

• #1734807 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

fyi KB2919355 = “Update 1” for Win8.1

• #1736003 Reply

seventill20
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks. It’s pretty strange, since I already have 148 updates installed.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB2919355

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.