News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB3150220 somehow installed itself

Posted on Scouse_Power Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches KB3150220 somehow installed itself

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Scouse_Power
        AskWoody Lounger

Yesterday KB3150220 somehow installed itself on my W7 SP1 laptop. Windows Update is turned fully off since March 2020 but I do run MS Security Essentials.

Q1 So what triggered this update and how was my laptop updated while WU is turned completely off?
        Q2 Why is this update “hiding” and not showing in View Update History or Installed Updates?

The only reason I found the update was I noticed TrustedInstaller was running and all my software is set for manual update. Digging into why it was running I found KB3150220 had somehow been installed. Looks like it’s an update from 2016 ??

Help please, this is well weird.
        Cheers
        Jon

• #2313132 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Any details in the Event Viewer about updates?

What is shown in the Windows Update logs? See this post for instructions.

cheers, Paul

• #2313157 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB3150220 somehow installed itself

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.