News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4100347

Posted on CADesertRat Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

PKCano 2 months ago.

• Author

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Just curious, does everyone on W10 1803 with an AMD CPU keep getting these Intel Microcodes over and over??

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does πŸ™‚
      Grp. A with 2 Win 7 Pro, also 2 Win 10 Pro currently 1803 (1 Desktop, 1 Laptop).

• #312606 Reply

bhen
      AskWoody Lounger

raises hand

from what I can tell from having it installed for most of the last 2 1/2 months.. it doesn’t do anything, as intended. It’s a dumb little thing that I guess everybody with AMD on 1809 is getting to experience since these updates are baked into 1809.

The weird thing from my experience is that the updates would automatically queue and do nothing, but the last two times they emerged for download involved my internet connection dropping beforehand. Which also means it gets to drop entries in Event Viewer about failing to move towards being staged because it’s trying to stage the update too quickly.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #312760 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

With me, it doesn’t seem to cause any harm but it needs a reboot whenever it installs. I’ve gotten the same update about 5 times now.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does πŸ™‚
      Grp. A with 2 Win 7 Pro, also 2 Win 10 Pro currently 1803 (1 Desktop, 1 Laptop).

• #312770 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

Each time it comes through, it has the same KB number but is a different/later version. It’s treated like a new release.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4100347

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.