News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4484127 & CVE-2019-1402 Questions

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches KB4484127 & CVE-2019-1402 Questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PTK502 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

PTK502
      AskWoody Lounger

First and foremost Good Morning All!

While doing some searching I came across the AskWoody website/forum.. It looks interesting and knowledgeable… An well I am going to hit you with a tough question/problem…

Background:

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Running MS Office 2010 (Not all PC’s have Office).

Application: Uses MS Access, MySQL, .Net etc.

Issue: In morning and then in afternoon the application locks ups. Then needs to be force closed and restarted.

This started occurring after Nov 2019 Patch Tuesday.

Is it possible that the MS Office Security Update KB4484127 is the culprit?

Or should I look elsewhere… as we have seen damaged packets leave the client part of the application.

• #2009491 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Microsoft has changed KB4484127 from recommended to optional (unchecked in Windows Update) because of problems. I would start by uninstalling it and see it that fixes the problem. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, try uninstalling the other two (?) November Office patches.

If that doesn’t work, it would be time to look elsewhere.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2009501 Reply

PTK502
      AskWoody Lounger

Thank you PKCano!

From what I read of the Patch and the Havoc it is causing I was just wondering if it could be intermittent to a time of day, the application does make frequent contact with the DB at the data center.

During tests it looked like a possible network route but i am being told no. MTR showed a hop with severe loss and the loss continued… Weird.. I’ll keep looking…

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4484127 & CVE-2019-1402 Questions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.