News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4501226 – New and non-critical?

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge KB4501226 – New and non-critical?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EP 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

SAS@HA
      AskWoody Lounger

The only thing I can find about KB4501226 that appeared in WSUS this morning is that it’s for a time zone / DST update. Of course this appears just as I was within sight of having every single system patched, so my WSUS list now makes me look lazy.

Remember how often we had updates in the good old days for our pens and paper? Magazines updated monthly and didn’t have bugs or damage old magazines. Books worked every time you opened them.

• #1737158 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Your need for this particular update is probably limited, depending on your location:

DST changes in Windows for Morocco and the Palestinian Authority

Summary
      This article describes an update that makes daylight saving time (DST) changes in Windows for Morocco and the Palestinian Authority. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites section.

This update applies to the following operating systems:

– Windows Server 2012 R2
      – Windows 8.1
      – Windows RT 8.1
      – Windows Server 2012
      – Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
      – Windows 7 SP1
      – Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

• #1737317 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

KB4501226 is optional, unless you reside in the middle eastern regions like Morocco

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4501226 – New and non-critical?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.