News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4514604

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

anonymous

I have windows 8.1   On 9/11/19, when I checked for updates KB4514604 came up for me to install as Important.  So I selected this one to install.  Although I Do Not show it on my PC as being one of my installed updates on That Date or any other time.  What I do show installed on that date are KB4514361 & KB4514371, Both of which I did not select to be installed.  Also note I do not have Windows set to Automatically Install Update, only I can select & install.  Does anyone know why this would happen?  Why would Microsoft show me one update to install but instead switches it with another after I select & agree to have it installed??  Any advice I would appreciate it.

Thank You

• #1951887 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

2019-09 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 8.1 (KB4514604)

This update is .NET Framework and only installs what is needed on your system.

Here:
      2019-09 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 8.1 (KB4514361)
      2019-09 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows 8.1 (KB4514371)

Microsoft Update Catalog provides much information:
      https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  geekdom.
      • #1952244 Reply

anonymous

Alright, Thank you for this information.

• #1951899 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The .NET Rollup is a bundle of updates. It contains an update for each of the different versions of .NET, each with a different KB number that the Rollup.

When you use Windows Update to install the .NET patches. it identifies which version(s) of .NET are installed on the computer and installs the appropriate update(s) for each version. The KB numbers for each separate version is what you see in Installed Updates, not the KB for the whole bundle.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1952245 Reply

anonymous

Alright makes sense, Thank You!!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4514604

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.