News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4524570 causes search to fail

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1903 – May 2019 Update KB4524570 causes search to fail

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LHiggins 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

anonymous

December 09, 2019

windows 10, 1903 (for now build 18362.476)

windows updates were paused the past month and released 12/08.

Downloaded and installed KB4524569 service stack. No problems.

Downloaded and installed KB890830 MRT. No problems.

Downloaded and installed KB4524570 cumul updt 2019-11. Search does not work.

Same search failure issue as the October cumul update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2016891 Reply

anonymous

Have the same issue with many of my computers. KB4524570 makes windows search not respond or even start.

• #2016898 Reply

LHiggins
      AskWoody Plus

I’d had this one hidden, but after it seemed that these patches weren’t causing issues, I did unhide it. Hasn’t actually shown up yet for download but probably will soon. So do I rehide it now and wait again, or just try it when I do see it and roll it back if it doesn’t work? This is the first I seem to be seeing issues with it breaking the search feature again – or have I missed something?

I have Win 10 Pro v 1903.

Thanks!

• #2016922 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m not having any of those “search” problems with the KB4524570 update on a test PC (an old HP computer with old hardware like nVidia Geforce 6150se graphics, AMD Phenom II X4 955 cpu and 6Gb of RAM, 500gb Hitachi hard drive).

when mentioning about the search problems with KB4524570, please post your PC config specs
      perhaps even update Graphics/Video drivers

maybe these “search” problems are happening only to “modern” PCs with SSDs and I am not encountering them on old machines

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  EP.
      • #2016959 Reply

LHiggins
        AskWoody Plus

maybe these “search” problems are happening only to “modern” PCs with SSDs and I am not encountering them on old machines

My laptop is brand new – and has both an SSD and hard drive. Not sure of the exact specs so I’d be interested in hearing what kind of set up is having those issues.

Thanks!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4524570 causes search to fail

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.