News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • KB4538483 I downloaded, but can't find it

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches KB4538483 I downloaded, but can't find it

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        hmw3
        AskWoody Plus

I purchased a month or so ago the Windows 7 ESU feature.

Following Susan Bradleys Feb. 11 “Patch Lady – Windows 7 ESU last minute requirment”, I went to the Microsoft catalog, selected the 64 bit version, and downloaded it.

But nothing happened. It does not show up as being installed, and a complete search of my computer does not find a file by that name.

What am I missing, or did I make a mistake?

Harry

• #2172600 Reply
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Download and install are two separate functions.

1. Download the executable file and it should be in your Downloads folder.
        2. Install the software.
          • With your mouse, left-double-click on the download file.
          • There should be one or several inquiries as to whether you wish to install the package.
        G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 InUse
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.752 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox76.0b2 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
      • #2172601 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

This is the name of the file you downloaded. It’s probably in your “Downloads” folder.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-1.04.03-PM

Attachments:
      • #2172653 Reply
        hmw3
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks guys, but the file is NOT anywhere on my computer. I even tried downloading it again, and the Microsoft Update Catalog screenshot appears to show that it is downloaded.

Is there an other way I can access this file?

Harry

• #2172667 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

Why don’t you try the direct link and just paste it in browser?

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2020/02/windows6.1-kb4538483-x64_5c1336947b1d530b1d7adc2c1fe966edb71aed6b.msu

• #2172744 Reply
        hmw3
        AskWoody Plus

abbodi86:

The direct link you gave me worked great. KB4538483 is now installed on one of my two Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) SP1 computers. The other installation will follow shortly.

Thanks for your help.

Harry

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: KB4538483 I downloaded, but can't find it

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.