News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• KB4598242 fails to install, in rollback loop 2021-01 cum upate

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 cumulative updates KB4598242 fails to install, in rollback loop 2021-01 cum upate

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        2schnauzers
        AskWoody Lounger

I previously posted Topic: KB4565503 fails to install, in rollback loop 2020-07 cum update @ AskWoody

Hi, I tried it again with KB4598242 2021-01 Cumulative update and same thing, it rolled back. Its just concerning to me that I am not getting any security patches.

Is it worth me creating a custom refresh image and doing a reinstall (would that fix this?)? I hate to have to reinstall all my apps.  My data is regularly backed up.

When you kindly analyzed my CBS.log file from November, it showed a bunch of registry error and who knows what else (it was huge). Could it be not enough space in the Recovery partition (92mb free of 529mb)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

As long as the machine is behaving, your AV is up to date and you backup regularly, I wouldn’t worry too much about the odd missed update.
        If it becomes every update, then a rebuild is in order.

cheers, Paul

2schnauzers
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks Paul, it has been every update since October. Have you tried a reinstall using a custom recovery image? Seems like a lot of hassle.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I reinstall using standard Windows media. What is your custom install?

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: KB4598242 fails to install, in rollback loop 2021-01 cum upate

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.