News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Kernel..Data..Input..Error

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Kernel..Data..Input..Error

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Pepsiboy
        AskWoody Lounger

Today I got a BSOD with an error listed. (Picture of notice attached.) It would not go away, no matter what I did. Finally I just held down on the “Power” button until everything died. When I powered up again, everything “SEEMED” to be OK. Of course, the spreadsheet I was working on was no longer there. I had to start over.

I don’t know what this BSOD meant or what caused it. Thanks, in advance, for any and all help or advice.

If I have posted this in the wrong place, please move it to the proper location.

I’m running Win 7 x64 SP1 on an HP G62 laptop.

Dave

Notice-001

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Pepsiboy.
        • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Pepsiboy. Reason: Added Computer information
        • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by PKCano.
        Attachments:
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Fire up NirSoft BlueScreenView and let us know what it says.

cheers, Paul

Pepsiboy
        AskWoody Lounger

Paul,

Thank you for the tip. I downloaded it and ran it. It shows NOTHING. I tried to attach a screenshot of the results, but, it tells me that te file is too large. Will not let me attach it.

Dave

anonymous

Windows will save very large system memory dump files to C:\Windows, that will be named ‘MEMORY.DMP’. If that file exists you can drag and drop the file into BlueScreenView which may be able to extract some useful information.

anonymous
          Pepsiboy
          AskWoody Lounger

No, it shows NOTHING. Both top and bottom sections of the results are EMPTY.

Dave

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Kernel..Data..Input..Error

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.