News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Kernel Panics with macOS Big Sur.

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS Kernel Panics with macOS Big Sur.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Last year there were a number of comments both here and in places other than AskWoody, on Macs running Catalina having repeated “kernel panics”, the Mac equivalent of Windows BSoDs. At the time, these were traced to incompatibilities between “Catalina” and some installed applications (Nathan Parker found, in his case, that the AV Webroot was causing them), and to other reasons.

I am going to upgrade soon to Big Sur from Mojave and I would like to hear from anyone who has had this problem with Big Sur, or knows of someone who has had it, and perhaps understands the probable reasons for the kernel panics they have encountered.

As you can see below, in my signature panel, I have a Mac with an Intel CPU, so would be particularly interested on kernel panics happening in Intel Macs running Big Sur.

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
        Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
        Waterfox "Current" and (now and then) Chrome. also Intego AV and Malwarebytes for the Mac.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Kernel Panics with macOS Big Sur.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.