News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Latest Malicious Software Removal Tool breaks several Firefox extensions.

Posted on Tech Mail Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Questions: Win 8.1 (and Win 8) Latest Malicious Software Removal Tool breaks several Firefox extensions.

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Tech Mail
        AskWoody Plus

After downloading May Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) I had to reinstall No Script, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere, Facebook Container and Norton Passport Manager.

• #2262228 Reply
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

What a pain! But not everybody may be having this problem, so the details of your system may help to narrow down the circumstances when this happens. Probably the most useful information will be the operating system (including the version/edition)  and the browser(s) affected by the problem (including the version).

As a model, here’s what I’m using: Windows 7 Home Premium, Firefox 72.0.2 64-bit.

I downloaded the MSRT yesterday and (so far) everything’s still working well here, so the key may lie in finding out what’s different enough about your system in comparison to others’ that could result in the issue that you’re seeing.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Latest Malicious Software Removal Tool breaks several Firefox extensions.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.