News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Legacy Teams Client Download

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS Legacy Teams Client Download

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Hackmuss
        AskWoody Lounger

Bit of a long shot, but wonder if there’s anyone out there can help?

Microsoft have changed something or introduced a bug and the current Teams client for MacOS no longer works if you are authenticating on ADFS.

If you log out of the Teams client, it will never let you back in again.

We have a case opened with MS Premier Support, but they are not making much progress.

Anyone out there got the pkg file for an older version of the Teams client please?

Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I’m searching the web for it. Can’t find one yet (found Windows and Android but not Mac). There is a web client version of it as a temporary workaround.

Nathan Parker

anonymous

Thanks Nathan. As it happens I was just about to post an update myself. I managed to find one on Reddit this morning, and installed it and it is working again.
        Microsoft Support are investigating, but haven’t given us anything solid yet – this is what we’ve put to them:

Are there any changes in the way the client logs in between version Teams for Mac 1.3.00.30874 and 1.3.00.33671?

Is there a change on how modern authentication works between Teams for Mac version 1.3.00.30874 and 1.3.00.33671?

Are the requirements for on-prem ADFS changed between Teams for Mac version 1.3.00.30874 and 1.3.00.33671?

Basically Teams on our Mac works fine until version 1.3.00.33671, so I think that should be the focus.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Susan Bradley
        Manager

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Legacy Teams Client Download

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.