News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Line spacing in posts has tightened

Posted on Cybertooth Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge Line spacing in posts has tightened

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

Today I went back to my open AskWoody.com tabs to refresh them for new posts, and I noticed that the line spacing has gotten tighter (meaning, the amount of white space between each line of text has decreased).

Because I typically keep several such tabs open, I went to another tab and took a screenshot of a randomly selected post prior to refreshing, then refreshed the page and took another screenshot of the same post. Here are the shots showing the difference in the look:

Before refreshing
        After refreshing

I also noticed that, at the top of the thread before the original post, it used to say “last updated by” followed by the poster’s name and then how long ago the post was submitted; whereas now it says “last updated” followed by how long ago and then by whom. And there is now on that line a much greater and unsightly amount of space before and after the poster’s avatar than there used to be.

Are these changes deliberate, or a by-product of some other change made at Woody’s, or completely unintentional?

Attachments:
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2210531 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

There has evidently been some updating going on by the Devs.
        There are quite a few changes.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2210534 Reply
        Cybertooth
        AskWoody Plus

I’m hoping that the line spacing reverts to what it used to be. The posts are harder to read with the lines so close together.

Note, too, that for some reason fewer characters fit on a line in the new text format. In the screenshots above, even though the lines are tighter there are fewer words per line (compare the first lines of each paragraph respectively), so the user ends up saving very little scrolling (assuming that this was the goal of tightening the line spacing).

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Cybertooth.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2210587 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

BBPress has been updated 🙂
        We will need some time to see what settings we are (and aren’t) able to tweak.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2210592 Reply
        anonymous

The changes were just allowed through without testing what the effects would be?

• #2210644 Reply
        anonymous

WordPress does not always request feedback from its entire userbase before pushing changes to its interface. This may be a familiar theme among software providers you have noticed before now.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Line spacing in posts has tightened

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.