News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 'Link mismatch' post ver 1903

Posted on DriftyDonN Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Topic Resolution: Resolved
    • This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by anonymous.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        DriftyDonN
        AskWoody Plus

When Woody suggested getting an ISO of ver 1903 in sept, I did so and since he just a few days ago recommended updating 1809 home ver to ver 1903, I did that too! I just happened to receive a new laptop yesterday and wouldn’t ya know amaz/acer decided ver 1809 home would be just the thing! Thats another story soon to be posted in a different forum.

I use thunderbird as email client and subscribed to a particular thread just prior to undertaking the upgrade. Here’s what I found this a.m. :

link-mismatch I

I searched for the tracker but couldn’t find much, didn’t go to the link either. I have quite a few emails from the group and they all show the same popup.

have firefox 71(up2date) and several blockers. Tracking stopped as best as I know how…this is the first time I’ve had this issue.

Any enlightenment would be welcome indeed!

Drifty

Attachments:
      • #2016373 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Sendgrid is a stats site that allows Woody to see who clicked on an email link. It provides a way to measure email response and see what articles are popular.
        You don’t have to use the link if you don’t want.

cheers, Paul

• #2016483 Reply
          anonymous

Thank you Paul Curious it doesn’t appear on different laptop(win1903 pro as opposed to this win1903 home)
          Be well!
          Just noticed it also includes reCAPTCHA. so I guess I wint be able to help with that

• #2016553 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

Sendgrid is a stats site that allows Woody to see who clicked on an email link.

It’s part of the email infrastructure, not solely related to statistics, but also to its automation etc. It is widely used by many email newsletters.

• #2016693 Reply
        anonymous

I understand Kristy. Thank you! It’s interesting that I am now on a different laptop win1809 pro also, email client thunderbird. (Same client as other 2 systems.)Sendgid popup didn’t show. Way down at bottom of this reply however is reCAPTCHA, which I had never noticed before. I simply cannot get that to verify the 1st time or sometimes never! I am not a robot!! Old eyes? Anyway, thank you for your help here at askwoody!!
        D

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 'Link mismatch' post ver 1903

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.