News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• LinkedIn will stop collecting IDFA data on iOS

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS LinkedIn will stop collecting IDFA data on iOS

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

..We’ve always kept ourselves to a higher standard by putting our members first. And we work hard daily to provide reliable and resilient solutions for our customers that evolve with the industry’s requirements, while providing a trusted, quality experience for our members. One of the bigger industry shifts is Apple’s upcoming changes to Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), which companies use for tracking and ad targeting.

We want to share an update on our plans and guidance to help you prepare for these changes. We have decided to stop our iOS apps’ collection of IDFA data for now. Although this change affects the LinkedIn Audience Network (LAN), Conversion Tracking and Matched Audiences, we expect limited impact to your campaign performance, and don’t foresee major changes required for your campaign set-up. ..

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

so have linkedin found an alternative method to achieve the same result in iOS?
        “We have decided to stop our iOS apps’ collection of IDFA data for now
        hmmm, “for now”?? bear in mind that it is closed source software and the devil is in the detail, which we can’t see or sniff until our devices taste it, then it’s too late.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        anonymous

For many years I have been keenly aware that LinkedIn is one of the most promiscuous of the larger social media platforms when it comes to information offering – to people they think you may have a connection to – but you may not want advertised.  The rate that ‘Do you know xxx’ messages get generated long ago made me forgo any real-time update to my information.  I maintain the least amount I can for my profession (IT).  It’s actually quite stale at this point (~2-3yrs out).

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

so have linkedin found an alternative method to achieve the same result in iOS?

No. Neither did Google which also announced stop of using IDFA data.

Apple’s privacy moves sent high ripples in the tracking for ads industry.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Alex5723.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Neither did Google which also announced stop of using IDFA data

Google in is the process of developing FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts), a “cluster” ad tracking API.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: LinkedIn will stop collecting IDFA data on iOS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.