News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • LinkedIn

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

Every time I open my resume in Word 365, the LinkedIn Resume Assistant pops up, asking if I want help with my resume. I don’t want any help, so I close the popup window.

I got tired of the popup window, so I went to Options / General and unchecked the box by “Enable LinkedIn features in my Office Applications”. When I clicked OK, it told me, “The server drafts location you entered for offline editing is not valid or you do not have permission to access that location. Specify a location on your local computer.” When I clicked OK, it brought me to the screen where I could specify a location for server drafts. However, I can’t type anything in the file location! If I put the cursor in the field and type, nothing appears; and I can’t copy and paste a location in the field, because when I right-click, paste is grayed out.

The only way I have found to overcome this is to run Word as administrator on my local PC. If I do that, I am able to uncheck the LinkedIn box, and I am not prompted to specify a location for server drafts. And the LinkedIn box stays unchecked. However, if I then run Word as a regular user, the LinkedIn box is once again checked.

Anyone know a way that I can uncheck the LinkedIn box and not have to run Word as Administrator in order to do it?

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: LinkedIn

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.