News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Linux Lite 4.8 for Windows 7 switchers

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems Linux – all distros Linux Lite 4.8 for Windows 7 switchers

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Linux Lite is based on the Ubuntu LTS series giving you 5 years of support per major release.

The following software is included: LibreOffice Suite, VLC Media Player, Firefox Web Browser, Thunderbird Email, Gimp Image Editor, Lite Themes, Lite User Manager, Lite Software, Lite Sounds, Lite Tweaks, Lite Welcome, Lite Manual, Lite Sources, Lite Updates Notify, Lite Upgrade, Whiskermenu and more…

64 bit.

https://osdn.net/projects/linuxlite/

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2085221 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Nice looking desktop, a generous selection of useful software that can be installed at the click of a button. What I do not see among those is “Terminal” (the equivalent of Windows “Console” or “DOS Box” that gives access to the system command line), one of the main Linux applications I use. I imagine that it is available, as it would be very strange if it were not.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Linux Lite 4.8 for Windows 7 switchers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.