News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Lock application windows to specific location and monitor?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Lock application windows to specific location and monitor?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        lbdyck
        AskWoody Lounger

Is there a tool that can control where an application window is located when it opens and then keep it there on multiple monitors?

I find I can open an application (e.g. Outlook) and place it on my 2nd monitor. When my PC goes to sleep and then wakes the 2nd monitor appears to have powered down (sleep) and when the PC wakes it wakes. When that happens the application window is now on my 1st monitor forcing me to manually move it (and other 2nd monitor applications) back to the 2nd monitor.

Thanks

• #2298070 Reply
        rdleib
        AskWoody Plus

PTFB Pro (https://www.ptfbpro.com/) allows you to set up a window location on multiple monitors and moves the window to that location, size, etc., every time you open it – or only the first time you open it. I’ve never had a problem with windows moving from that location when the monitor went to sleep them woke. It is a paid app, not free.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Lock application windows to specific location and monitor?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.