News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Looking for some good tools to test my router and network

Home Forums Networking – routers, firewalls, network configuration Looking for some good tools to test my router and network

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

There are a lot of testing sites out there, but I have concerns about the security of said sites. What do you use to test your router/network? Testing for open ports, Basic security, etc.
        What about Shodan? Is that safe?  I had used shieldsup port tester before. But for some reason virus total is coming up with one vendor finding it malicious.  Could be a false positive.
        i’m just looking for some safe basic Internet, networking security testing. Just installed a new router. Thanks.

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

You can find all the tools you need for testing router and Lan, here

1 user thanked author for this post.
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

I ran the tests on routersecurity.org – all the ones I thought applied.  So far so good.  I have not run UDP tests.  TCP ports aren’t open.  Is it necessary to run UDP tests – I don’t know what to do if I find a UDP port open….

Also – this is a bit of a concern – and may be a false positive but Virus total returns one malicious entry found (out of 85) from Antiy-AVL on https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Looking for some good tools to test my router and network

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.