News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Lost Facebook Access

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

In early October, I lost access to my Facebook account due to Google Authenticator & I’m hoping someone can give me some advice.

Here is my setup:
        1. Using my desktop computer, I log into Facebook.
        2. Because I have 2-Step Verification turned on, I am asked for a code.
        3. On my phone, I open Google Authenticator to get this code.
        4. I enter the code & I am then let into my Facebook account.

Here is my problem:
        My phone is broken.  It can no longer be used, so I can’t get the code from Google Authenticator.
        Is there another way for me to get the code?

I’ve already gone through the Login Approvals Code Issue page & still waiting for the people at Facebook to answer me.

I also got a new phone & downloaded Google Authenticator to it, but to activate it to get Facebook codes, I need access to Facebook 1st 😵.

• #2309878 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

Try this link, sounds like it might help you get back on track – https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/4596987?hl=en

Win7 Home x64 MacOS Chromebook

• #2311317 Reply
          anonymous

Myst: The link give me instructions on how to turn 2-Step Verification ON for my Google account.  I am having trouble betting codes for my Facebook account.
          Thanks for replying, but it didn’t help.

• #2311331 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

The link give me instructions on how to turn 2-Step Verification ON for my Google account.  I am having trouble betting codes for my Facebook account.

I was under the impression the guidance I found at that link was for any app, not just those mentioned. In other words, I was hoping the Facebook app would fall into the Google authenticator category for a fix, based on your original post. Sorry you’re having trouble with this. Keep searching and asking, there has to be somebody who can offer a remedy for your particular issue.

Win7 Home x64 MacOS Chromebook

• #2311339 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

This might sound counter-intuitive, but have you tried tweeting or DMing @facebook on Twitter?

It seems they are reasonably active in helping in such cases there – it does seem to be same-day responses 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Lost Facebook Access

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.