News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Lost "Imported from IE" folder

Posted on TxCatLady Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Lost "Imported from IE" folder

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

TxCatLady 3 hours, 44 minutes ago.

• Author

TxCatLady
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m not exactly sure how I managed to do it, but I accidentally deleted the “Imported from IE” folder. I use Chrome as my browser. I checked the recycle bin and no luck. I think it was File Explorer that helped me find the folder. But I could see it was not the current version. Would doing a System Restore to a few days ago help me get back the latest version of the favorites folder? Thanks in advance!

• #1869935 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Look through the settings in Chrome. You should be able to re-import the favorites from IE11.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1871013 Reply

TxCatLady
      AskWoody Lounger

I thought of that but since I have made all the changes using the Chrome browser the re imported list would be out of date? I just was looking around the Chrome help site and someone actually had same situation as mine but was using Mozilla. Apparently it’s easier to restore using that as opposed to Chrome. Thanks for any advice!

• #1875313 Reply

TxCatLady
      AskWoody Lounger

From what I’ve been able to find on Google is that if I had taken action right after it had happened I could have gotten it back. Since it’s too late for that, I was wondering if doing a system restore would get them back? Thanks!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Lost "Imported from IE" folder

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.