News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Lotus Organiser

Posted on WSCynic Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS Lotus Organiser

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSCynic
        AskWoody Lounger

Having recently seen the light and transferred to a MacBook Air I find that one of the programmes that is sorely missed is Lotus Organiser.  Yes, I know it is venerable but it still works well on my old Win 7 Professional.  There are many equivalent programmes which will run on macOS I presume, but a key feature must be the ability to read and accept the backlog of several decades of archived records – the search function is frequently used.

Can anyone advise?

• #2287296 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

There is a way to run Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp (dual boot) or Parallels, VMWare, or VirtualBox (virtual machine).

Since it’s an older app, it “may” run on CrossOver for Mac (you could try a CrossOver trial and installing a copy of Lotus Organiser on it).

A key in looking for a replacement would be to know what formats Lotus can export out to. If it can export out to a standard file format, another app can import it.

Nathan Parker

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Lotus Organiser

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.