News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • macOS News Roundup: March 28, 2020

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS macOS News Roundup: March 28, 2020

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP
      • #2212034 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

If all goes well, I expect to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina in late July or early August, before the next version of macOS comes out, sometime in September or October. By then, Catalina would have had several upgrades already, smoothing out most of its many wrinkles — or so I hope.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2212036 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I’m upgrading end of April. I’m at the point where I finally need to make the upgrade soon. My final two 32 Bit apps should be 64 Bit by then. If not, I can run them on my old iMac temporarily.

Nathan Parker

• #2212056 Reply
        DrBonzo
        AskWoody Plus

I just installed the security update for Mojave (2020-002) and the Safari 13.1 update.

After downloading the installation/restarts only took about 15 minutes. The only thing out of the ordinary was that both updates seemed to be in one package. Usually I have the option of installing the Mojave security update and the Safari update separately, but not this time. Anyway, everything seems normal.

• #2212062 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

I did the same thing as DrBonzo, two days ago and also noticed that both Safari and Mojave were updated one after the other with no need for a separate “manual” install. No unpleasant side effects noticed after the updating was completed; now everything seems to be working normally. But the update of Mojave hanged for more than fifteen minutes in “Estimating time remaining” with no estimate forthcoming, until I was wondering what to do and was about to start searching for clues about that on the Web with my Win 7 PC. But then the stalled process started to move forward once more and, some minutes later, it was successfully completed. With a big sigh of relief.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2212088 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I have updated two of my Macs to Catalina 10.15.4 without problems.
        The download is a under 3GB and in both cases proceeded normally.

My iOS stuff is older. Will try 12.4.6 when time allows.
        I have usually used iTunes on my Mac to backup and do the update. Will see how it goes w/o iTunes this time.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2212228 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I did all the updates this weekend (still on Mojave on my iMac Pro). So far so good. On upgrading iOS stuff without iTunes, it should work in Finder in Catalina same way as it did in iTunes from Mojave and before, although I haven’t tested it yet.

Nathan Parker

• #2213330 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 beta 1 released.

Viewing 7 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: macOS News Roundup: March 28, 2020

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.