News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Macrium Reflect 7.3 with native task scheduler

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Macrium Reflect 7.3 with native task scheduler

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Macrium Reflect 7.3 backup software update introduces native task scheduler

If you are using the backup software Macrium Reflect, you may know that it relied solely on the Windows Task Scheduler for backup tasks. The new Macrium Reflect 7.3 update introduces support for a native task scheduler that users of the software may use instead.

Macrium highlights the main reason for making the change in the “new in Macrium Reflect 7.3” support article on the company website:

We’ve integrated our own scheduler into Macrium Service to replace the default Windows Task Scheduler (WTS). WTS has been the only method for scheduling Macrium Reflect backups for many years, but unfortunately it’s been plagued with reliability problems surrounding Daylight Savings Time (DST) changes and no longer provides the quality of operation required by Macrium Reflect.

• #2304665 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Weirdly it only partially relies on WTS. Missed tasks are fired off by MR, not the WTS task.

cheers, Paul

• #2304696 Reply
        CraigS26
        AskWoody Plus

Would either of you know the right treatment of the Chk’d Box below the Choices for Win or Mac Scheduling  — Use Windows SYSTEM account to run scheduled tasks — ?               Choosing Macrium doesn’t UN-chk it automatically but my amateur logic would. What’s New in 7.3 doesn’t address it, either.

Thanks!

W10-64 1909 Pro / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / HP Envy Desktop-Ethernet/ 12 GB / 256G SSD + 1 TB HDD / i5 Coffee Lake/ GP=2 + FtrU=365 + QU=0

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by CraigS26.
        • #2304712 Reply
          Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

Where is this option? I can’t see it on my MR in Windows.

cheers, Paul

• #2304863 Reply
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

There have been a couple of updates to 7.3 (free).  Latest version, as of today, is 7.3.5289.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2304926 Reply
        CraigS26
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks, Paul….. I’m a Local Acct setup IF that matters, and I can’t see the tie-in with Macrium as the Scheduler.

USE-MS-SYSTEM-ACCOUNT-for-SCHEDULING

W10-64 1909 Pro / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / HP Envy Desktop-Ethernet/ 12 GB / 256G SSD + 1 TB HDD / i5 Coffee Lake/ GP=2 + FtrU=365 + QU=0

Attachments:
        • #2304957 Reply
          Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

Yes, you want SYSTEM to run your backup jobs. Then you don’t have permission problems and missing files from your backup.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Macrium Reflect 7.3 with native task scheduler

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.