Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Mailbird Email App

Posted on MisterKevin Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Mailbird Email App

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  woody 2 days, 8 hours ago.

• Author

MisterKevin
      AskWoody Lounger

I just wanted to share this great email app with you all. It’s Mailbird! I have been using Google’s Inbox through a browser (thanks to @woody for recommending it in his For Dummies books), and really liked it, but this program is more or less unbeatable! One thing that would make it way better, in my opinion, would be if it was available through the Windows Store and had a live tile. But other than that, it is quite innovative. You can connect A Lot of different accounts to it (Facebook, WhatsApp, Hangouts, Calendar, etc.), and monitor them through a cool sidebar. For example, you can keep an eye on what people are posting on Facebook while scanning your inbox, or pull up your calendar to check on appointments while composing an email. Here is a good summary of it.

I am curious, what are some favorite methods of yours? Anyone using Outlook? 🙂 If so, are you enjoying it?…

• This topic was modified 2 days, 8 hours ago by  woody.
      • This topic was modified 1 day, 22 hours ago by  Kirsty.
    • #217368 Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody MVP

My favorite app of all time is Microsoft Movie Maker. Unfortunately, this extremely useful app is no longer available. In fact, for some reason it wouldn’t install in my Windows 7 VM; it did install in my Windows 8.1 VM. So whenever I have a video to edit, I open the Windows 8.1 VM and get with it.

I have found that if I first copy the video to the VM’s hard drive, then open it in Movie Maker, it is a lot faster than if I try to edit the video directly on my shared drive.

As for apps which are currently available, I would say that Audacity is my favorite. Sometimes I teach, and I always record my lectures. Audacity allows me to easily cut out the empty space before and after the actual lecture, as well as things like coughs. And I can amplify the volume in those places in the recording where someone in the class is asking a question, allowing their question to be heard on the recording.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #217378 Reply

MisterKevin
        AskWoody Lounger

Yes, Audacity is one of my favorites, I use it for digitizing cassette tapes.

• #217480 Reply

radosuaf
      AskWoody Lounger

I’ve been using Thunderbird since I don’t know when and don’t plan to change.

MSI H110 PC MATE * Intel Core i5-6402P * 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 MHz * Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4G * Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD * Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD * Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD * DVD RW Lite-ON iHAS 124 * Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI * Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit + Windows 10 Mobile 1709 (Lumia 640 LTE)
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #217892 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

Posting an affiliate link (where you get a reward for recommending a product) is a no-no. Unless I do it, of course, for the benefit of the site. So I edited out the affiliate part of the links.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Mailbird Email App

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.