News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Making Default Programs

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Making Default Programs

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by anonymous.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        anonymous

I am trying to make OE Classic Pro my default mail program in Windows 10 1903 Home but it doesn’t show up in the list.  Is there a way of getting it to show up?

TIA

Lin

• #2016167 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Settings\Apps\Default Apps
        At the bottom there are three links – try “Set defaults by app”

• #2016203 Reply
          anonymous

Thanks for your quick reply.  I’ve already tried what you suggest but no go.

Lin

• #2016224 Reply
            jabeattyauditor
            AskWoody Lounger

What are the contents of this key?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail

• #2016642 Reply
              anonymous

Thanks for the your reply and time.  OE Classic is currently working on being able to make it default mail.   I guess I should have contacted them first before I posted here but you did show me an area that I have never looked at before but I probably will never touch anything in it. lol

Thanks again

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Making Default Programs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.