News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        CAS
        AskWoody Plus

I recently installed MWB WFC as a way to have better control after reading about it on Ghacks. It seems to be working well but I have found several rules for programs that no longer exist on my computer. Should I delete the rules, block them, disable them or what?

I do not use peer to peer services and have the service set at manual because when I disabled it , it generated WFC errors. I have attached two screenshots that show the rules that I referred to in red.

I use a  version of ccleaner but I do not use the registry cleaner. I ran a manual scan of obsolete  software and each of the items in red appear but my policy is not to mess with my registry. Any help would be appreciated. Screenshots are attached. Thanks.

Attachments:
      • #2141478 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I would leave the rules alone unless you have a specific requirement.
        The last time I used a firewall control product (ZoneAlarm) it was more hassle than it was worth. Now I backup regularly and scan irregularly.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
        CAS
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.