News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Manage interests & Let’s finish setting up your device notification

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Manage interests & Let’s finish setting up your device notification

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        cmptrgy
        AskWoody Plus

On my Dell Inspiron 580 Windows 10 Home desktop, there is an icon in the taskbar just before Show hidden icons for Manage interests. I think its been there maybe for about a week: I don’t know how it got there, I don’t need it and don’t want it but I can’t figure out how to get rid of it.

A little over a week ago, I did get a notification to Let’s finish setting up your device.
        — I cleared the notification. I’m not aware of anything else showing up on my PC.
        — From what I’ve read, it seems Microsoft will want me to create a Microsoft account and add some additional features but I don’t want to do any of that.

How can I eliminate Manage interests?

How can I eliminate Let’s finish setting up your device notification?

HP EliteBook 8540w laptop Windows 10 Pro (x64)

Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

Right click Taskbar > News and interests > Turn off in menu

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

You have installed a preview update with the new ‘“News and interests” which you can disable.

Coming soon to a Windows 10 near you

1 user thanked author for this post.
        cmptrgy
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks Alex5723, I disabled the “News and Interests” by following your links.

Coming soon to a Windows 10 near you
        https://www.askwoody.com/2021/coming-soon-to-a-windows-10-near-you/

TenForums has a tutorial on how to disable the taskbar “News and Interests”

In addition I also disabled Let’s finish setting up your device
        Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Uncheck suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows

HP EliteBook 8540w laptop Windows 10 Pro (x64)

WCHS
        AskWoody Plus

I have the same question about eliminating the “Let’s finish setting up your device” notification. I am not interested in “continuing” with any of the options. Clicking “remind me later” is the only other choice and that only brings it back again in the future.

b
          AskWoody MVP

What cmptrgy just said:

In addition I also disabled Let’s finish setting up your device
          Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Uncheck suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.985 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Manage interests & Let’s finish setting up your device notification

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.