News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• managed by your organization

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 managed by your organization

• Author

I have edge browser installed on my home computer. When i click on the 3 dots … at top right the bottom of the menu has a tab saying “managed by your organization” how can i get rid of this so that my last tab would than be “Close microsoft edge”.

Thanks

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
          anonymous

Alex5723 thank you kindly for the link, i looked it over and to be honest i don’t have any experience with doing stuff in the registery and am too scared i would delete something that would mess things up. Wish a more simple way to rid myself of the “managed by your organization” tab could be done but i have searched online to no avail.

SallyBrown
            AskWoody Plus

Most of those suggestions from  Alex are entered into the URL bar, just copy and paste, then change the setting if possible.  You should look at the

edge://management

page to see if an extension is causing the issue.  Copy/paste my text into the URL bar, the flashing thing with links (sorry if that’s too basic :)).  You won’t break anything.

I don’t have new or old edge on our computers so can’t really comment on what MS did to new edge but apparently the settings in Chromium have been reworded.

It would help if you provided the OS (Home or Pro) and whether you’ve done gpedit changes, use an Anti-Virus beside Defender, have installed extensions to Edge.

Find RUN in the Start Menu and enter winver.  Hit OK and your OS version will pop up.

For a typical user on Home, I don’t think there should be any organization controlled features enabled; just user account control (that shield thing) blocks.

Maybe someone with NewEdge can comment.

EP
            AskWoody_MVP

what version and edition of Windows are you using, mr anonymous?

the only time I had the “managed by your organization” message on MS Edge Chromium on a Win10 Home edition system were to enable the IE mode feature, which is normally not enabled due to inputting a certain registry policy entry in RegEdit.

anonymous

Hello and sorry for the delay everyone,

As SallyBrown and EP have asked, I am running windows 7 Home Premium. I have only had edge installed for two weeks and have not installed/downloaded anything not even any extensions just the edge browser itself. Have not made any registery or any other changes as i would not even know how!! I am using vipre advanced security Anti-Virus.
        Thank you kindly

anonymous

I just thought of one thing and not sure if it is playing a factor in this “managed by your organization” tab. I am learning how to get around in the edge browser to than teach my elder mom and dad who are very used to using internet explorer so i have not yet set edge as my default browser. Could this be why that “managed by your organization” tab is there?
        Thank you all

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

“Managed by” happens in Windows when a registry setting that is not normally used, is changed, either by Group Policy or a manual registry edit.
        Working out what that setting is can be difficult and there is no one way to do it.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: managed by your organization

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.