• Managing ‘dribbles’

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Windows 11 version 22H2 » Managing ‘dribbles’

Author
    Topic

I’m looking for some advice on how to manage the ‘dribbles that Susan Bradley has written about. I have two Dell Win 11 Pro desktops limited to 22H1 using gpedit. One of the desktops is a Dell XPS 8950 and the other one is a Dell Optiplex 7090. I’m a reasonably competent homeowner that is nervous about ‘dribbles’ going forward.

Today I manage updates using use a combination of Dell Update, WUMgr and gpedit to fiddle with individual Policies. I use Belarc, AskWoody and Win11 Forums to watch and research updates. Nothing exotic or unusual.

Basic questions:

How do I detect them? How do I filter them? How do I delay them? Where does gpedit fit in the scheme of managing Policies for ‘dribbles’ or does it all? Does WUMgr fit in this at all? Am I missing some simple answer to ‘dribbles’ that I have missed or am I just a worrier?

Win11 Pro desktop [2], 21H2

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: Managing ‘dribbles’

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: