News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Mapping OneDrive for Business

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Mapping OneDrive for Business

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CWBillow 1 month ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I have been trying to do this without success.  Then I ran into this site:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/OneDriveMapper-automaticall-d7d498b0

So, I downloaded the ps1, fired up Powershell, ran

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser RemoteSigned

And then ran the script — or tried, because it gave me several errors:

PS C:\> OneDriveMapper.ps1 OneDriveMapper.ps1 : The term ‘OneDriveMapper.ps1’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
      Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
      At line:1 char:1
      + OneDriveMapper.ps1
      + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (OneDriveMapper.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\> OneDriveMapper.ps1 OneDriveMapper.ps1 : The term ‘OneDriveMapper.ps1’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
      Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
      At line:1 char:1
      + OneDriveMapper.ps1
      + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (OneDriveMapper.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command OneDriveMapper.ps1 was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: “.\OneDriveMapper.ps1”. See “get-help about_Command_Precedence” for more details.
      PS C:\>

If this weren’t a Microsoft TechNet site, I would walk away, but it is.  That makes me ask what the heck am I doing wrong?

Chuck Billow

• #2003721 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

Where is the script stored? If not in the root of C: then switch to the folder where the script is stored and use the “.\OneDriveMapper.ps1″ syntax.

--Joe

• #2003748 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

Joe,

I moved it to the root and ran it.  No errors, but “>>” as if waiting for input.  I tried both “N” and “N:” but neither pulled me out.  And no mapping.

Confused now.

Chuck Billow

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  CWBillow.
      • #2003825 Reply

mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

Um. That’s not something you can run as is.

The script needs to be edited to fill in your data. At least in the section marked with “####MANDATORY MANUAL CONFIGURATION” … in case of a non-integrated Office365 tenant, you’ll need to change at least $O365CustomerName and $userLookupMode – and it’ll map your ODfB to “X:” unless you change $desiredMappings …

Also if you just downloaded it you might need to “unblock” it even when running with a RemoteSigned policy. You know, the mechanism to keep downloaded things from just running as is, and a downloaded copy is still “remote” until unblocked.

It’ll be a lot more useful for an admin to work into their hybrid local/cloud setup’s login scripts or something than for a standalone user.

• #2004148 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

Ah well, mn-, it appears that this script is a “bit” beyond my abilities.

Sigh…

Thanks though.

Chuck Billow

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Mapping OneDrive for Business

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.