News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • March SSU kb4550735

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 March SSU kb4550735

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

Hello everyone,

I Did NOT pay for the windows 7 ESU so today i simply installed the only patch i was offered  MSRT kb890830. But i recall pkcano saying there was a march SSU kb4550735 and my question is since it was not offered to me doing a “check for updates” & not having ESU, can i & should i get it from the microsoft catalog.

Thanks Guys (Stay Safe)

• #2223363 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The March Rollup, SO, IE11 CU and SSU are part of the ESU package. Other than MSRT, there are no more “normal” Windows Updates.

• #2223369 Reply
          anonymous

Hi PKcano,

So i would not even be able to get the March SSU kb4550735 installed from “microsoft catalog” not having a payed ESU correct?

• #2223374 Reply
            PKCano
            Da Boss

I suggest you read this thread about the Feb and March Patches.
            @abbodi86 provides a “Read Me” file. I suggest you read it also if you decide to follow up.

• #2223386 Reply
              anonymous

Got it!! Thanks for the tip PK, have a good night & stay safe out there.

• #2223795 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

I think I said this elsewhere in this forum (forgot where exactly) but the KB4550735 SSU CAN be installed on ANY Win7 system regardless of ESU status.

recent SSUs like KB4537829 & KB4550735 do not require an ESU license

• #2223956 Reply
          anonymous

Thanks for the info EP,
          Just saw your post this morning.I will go to microsoft catalog today and give the march ssu kb4550735 a shot to see if it installs for me.

Stay Well

• #2225185 Reply
          anonymous

Good call EP, as you stated in your post i was able to Download & install the March SSU kb4550735 from MS catalog painlessly not having ESU. I know it’s not like i’m getting a security patch but just feels good to get two of the march patches (msrt & ssu) installed. Like a false sense of security.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: March SSU kb4550735

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.