News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Margins not correct on creating new Word document

Posted on WSPhotoSci Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2010 and earlier for PC Margins not correct on creating new Word document

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        WSPhotoSci
        AskWoody Plus

WORD 2010 running under Windows 10 ver 1903

Starting several months ago when I initially start up Word it opens to  a new blank document with margins  different than either my default margins or those in my normal.dot file. If I close that blank document and then select New on the drop down file menu and select Blank Document, the margins are then correct.

I’ve tried resetting the margins in the layout toolbar, but the next time I start Word it opens with the unexpected margins. I tried deleting Normal.dotm, but the problem persists.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Margins not correct on creating new Word document

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.