News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • MASSIVE Mac Pro + Pro Display XDR Unboxing!

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS MASSIVE Mac Pro + Pro Display XDR Unboxing!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 1 month ago.

• Author

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2017585 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

The new Mac Pro starts at $6000 and, in addition to two built-in Ethernet ports, it has a slot for plugging in a card with one HDMI and one audio port for headphones: Yay! (I think the card might be extra and bought separately, if one needs that, the same as the monitor and other bits and pieces that do not come with the Mac itself and are not included in its price.)

And Apple also has announced that large 32″ Retina 6K monitor in the original comment by Alex5723 here. So be a devil! (Unless you are a poor devil.)

These are the Mac Pro specs, shown in an interesting format:

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/specs/

Now, that is what I would call a computer!

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

• #2017721 Reply

Myst
        AskWoody Plus

Wow what a steal. In 1972 you could buy 2 limited edition VW bugs for that price, along with a decent stereo system. This Mac Pro does look almost as impressive as a shiny new vintage VW. @oscarcp let us know if you’re planning on picking up one of these Mac Pro machines.

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA

• #2017731 Reply

OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

WG: Will I buy this new Mac Pro? Sorry to disappoint your understandable expectations, but I am just a modest devil, not a rich one.

As to those two VW: the accumulated inflation in the USA since 1972 to this day means that US$100 then were the same as US$574 and change today:

https://www.in2013dollars.com/1972-dollars-in-2016

So $6000 of today might buy you the tires (incl. the spares) for those two ’72 VW Beetles and a couple of windshield wipers for each, maybe.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2017750 Reply

anonymous

You need this almost nearly complete Mac Pro system configuration for daily work. πŸ™‚

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2018147 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

And, last but not least: the awesome 32″, 6K monitor comes with an optional stand for only an extra $1000. The stand might not be an “option” to users, because the screen comes without a stand:

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/03/apple-pro-display-xdr-stand-costs-extra-999/

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/6/3/18651001/apples-mac-pro-xdr-display-monitor-stand-expensive-dongle-not-included-wwdc-2019

• #2020708 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Apple’s Pro Display XDR is supported on iPad Pro and 2015 12 inch MacBook, just using USB-C.

• #2021658 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Looks nice, but I’m happy with my iMac Pro. Still plenty of power in an iMac case. I certainly can’t complain.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: MASSIVE Mac Pro + Pro Display XDR Unboxing!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.