News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • mat-debug-####.log

Posted on Tom Gorman Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 mat-debug-####.log

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
        Tom Gorman
        AskWoody Plus

On all my windows 10 computers, the C:\Users\Computer_Name\AppData\Local\Temp folder gets filled with a bunch of 0 KB files named for example “mat-debug-2384.log”. I’ve searched the internet from one end to the other and have not found the solution to what is creating all these files and how do I stop them. Please, there has to be an expert here that can answer this.

• #2261669 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

On all my windows 10 computers, the C:\Users\Computer_Name\AppData\Local\Temp folder gets filled with a bunch of 0 KB files named for example “mat-debug-2384.log”. I’ve searched the internet from one end to the other and have not found the solution to what is creating all these files and how do I stop them. Please, there has to be an expert here that can answer this.

Mine started appearing after installing KB4549951 on May 5 on W10 1909.
        There is 1 file for each day except for 2 files in May 7 which had ChrEdge update.

Mat-de

Attachments:
      • #2261674 Reply
        doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

Interesting, I found “aria-debux-xxxxx.log” files at mine TEMP folder. All dated this morning.
        And I am the owner, not SYSTEM.

temp-folder

owner

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by doriel.
        Attachments:
      • #2261683 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Interesting, I found “aria-debux-xxxxx.log” files at mine TEMP folder. All dated this morning.
        And I am the owner, not SYSTEM.

Aria…log seems to be connected with Telemtry, but no one at Microsoft knows what Aria and Mat debug files are :

https://www.google.com/search?ei=zFe6XqSZCY6dsAf4xqHwAw&q=mat-debug.log+files&oq=mat-debug.log+files&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzICCAAyBAgAEB46BAgAEEdQj01Yj01g4VJoAHABeACAAYEBiAGBAZIBAzAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwikr7vx7a3pAhWODuwKHXhjCD4Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

The xxxxx is the PID number creating the .log file.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2261686 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Here I found, that is due to incorrect OneDrive setup. So my thought is, that mat-debug is releated to other application/service that is running into issues.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-are-aria-debug-files-created-and-what-is-their/d331d505-0c8e-4300-9e74-955a275205c4

I don’t use OneDrive.

• #2261688 Reply
        doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

@tom-gorman my bet is on OneDrive, or some sort of MS Office mutation.

Is there any non-zero size file? Mine contains some info..

2020-05-12 08:43:43.716|00012640|
        C:\build\aria-cpp-v1\clienttelemetry\src\LogManagerImpl.cpp(626): class Microsoft::Applications::Telemetry::ILogger *__thiscall Microsoft::Applications::Telemetry::LogManagerImpl::Initialize(const class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > &,const struct Microsoft::Applications::Telemetry::LogConfiguration &) WARNING: Invalid in-ram queue size (20971520), adjusted to max ram queue size

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

• #2261691 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Looking at the time of mat-debug creation I looked at event-viewer log and found Event-ID 0 for ChrEdge updates.

Mat

Attachments:
      • #2263478 Reply
        Tom Gorman
        AskWoody Plus

Here I found, that is due to incorrect OneDrive setup. So my thought is, that mat-debug is releated to other application/service that is running into issues.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-are-aria-debug-files-created-and-what-is-their/d331d505-0c8e-4300-9e74-955a275205c4

I have One Drive disabled

• #2263883 Reply
        wavy
        AskWoody Plus

Use disk cleanup to rid them. ie
        cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

be sure Cleanmgr is allowed folder access via the ‘Protected Folders” in ‘Widows Security” under ‘RansomeWare Protecton’

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      • #2298916 Reply
        anonymous

When i try to delete it, it says it’s part of ‘XboxAppServices’

Viewing 9 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: mat-debug-####.log

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.