News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • May 2019 non-Security Office Updates have been released

Home Forums AskWoody blog May 2019 non-Security Office Updates have been released

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BobT 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

PKCano
      Da Boss

The May 2019 non-Security Office updates have been released Tuesday, May 7, 2019. They are not included in the DEFCON4 approval for the April 2019 pat
      [See the full post at: May 2019 non-Security Office Updates have been released]

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1410426 Reply

millia
      AskWoody Lounger

Did these come through awful early for anybody else? They were waiting for my approval when I got to work at 8am EDT today?

• #1410540 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

I can’t answer about the ones for Office 2013 and 2016, but the one for Outlook 2010 showed up a couple of hours early (before 10:00am PDT Redmond time).

• #1442215 Reply

abbodi86
      AskWoody_MVP

Hmmmm, none of them published to MU catalog

• #1445499 Reply

gborn
      AskWoody_MVP

Watch out – Update for Microsoft Office 2016 KB4462238 has been pulled for WSUS – as my German blog reader told me (I’ve mentioned within my blog post here). Microsoft added the following Note to the KB article:

Notice

After this update is installed, clicking a hyperlink in an Office application, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or Outlook, may cause the application to stop working. If you experience this issue, you can uninstall the update by following the instructions in the “More information” section.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1452769 Reply

BobT
      AskWoody Lounger

I had to “Repair” my Outlook 2010 today, as after a reboot following that patch, it was crashing on startup. Even accepting the prompt for Safe Mode made no difference.

Accepting the prompt to “Repair”, however, worked fine. It now works as normal.

Weird.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: May 2019 non-Security Office Updates have been released

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.