News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Messages in outlook blank

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

mn– 6 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I sometimes get emails in, outlook 365, that appear to be blank except for links and email addresses. If I select all and copy to wordpad, I can then see the message in full. Anyone know what is happening?

• #325046 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

That could be caused by an antivirus program scanning your incoming email, e.g. AVG:

Email message body is blank in Outlook

So try disabling any antivirus program or add-in temporarily.

Are you able to view the contents of the same messages via webmail?

Also see Error Fixed : Blank Emails in Outlook

Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker "Saluted blockhead" (Group ASAP)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #325204 Reply

mn–
      AskWoody Lounger

… Does “Outlook 365” mean the click-to-run application at whatever channel and version you have, or the webmail interface at https://outlook.office.com/ ?

So. Messages is blank except for links and email addresses, as in exactly those parts that are colored differently in the default case? Is there by any chance anything that is invisible but can be selected with the mouse? I’d suspect someone may have been playing with fonts and colors.

I’ve also seen something generally like this happen when there’s a multipart/alternative message (you know, those with both plaintext and HTML), one of the alternatives is blank, and that happens to be the one that’s selected for display. Though in that case I’d usually expect copy/paste to be blank too.

In case of webmail, this can also happen because of browser addons, extensions, plugins, … Outlook application add-ins were already mentioned.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Messages in outlook blank

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.