News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2013

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2013

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        blueboy714
        AskWoody Plus

I have Outlook 2013 for my desktop and I have the Wi-Fi set to Metered Connection = “Yes” as instructed to suppress Windows Updates, but every time I open Outlook 2013 I get a “Metered Connection Warning  – we noticed the metered connection …. Connect Anyway?”

Is there a way to stop this warning every time I open Outlook 2013 – other than just answering “yes” every time?

I have Windows 10 for Home (desktop) 2004 update.

Thanks

brian1248
        AskWoody Lounger

The only way to stop it that I know of is to change it to no longer be a metered connection.

Microsoft is vigilant with metered connections, partly to strictly enforce it, and partly to annoy you so you will turn it off.

blueboy714
        AskWoody Plus

The only way to stop it that I know of is to change it to no longer be a metered connection.

Microsoft is vigilant with metered connections, partly to strictly enforce it, and partly to annoy you so you will turn it off.

Thanks – that’s what I expected from MS.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by blueboy714.
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

MS are respecting your notification of limited internet data and informing you that you may incur costs by running mail online. What’s not to like?

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2013

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.