News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • mice stopped working Help!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

cesmart4125 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

anonymous

Hello!

This afternoon, I suddenly couldn’t move the pointer around using either my old Microsoft intellimouse 2.0 explorer or my Logitech M310.  Changing the batteries,  checking the connections, and restarting my computer didn’t help.

The touch pad on my Latitude D630 continued to work.

While reinstalling the batteries in my Microsoft mouse for a second time, I happened to touch the right click button.  Suddenly everything started to work, but my Microsoft mouse stopped working.  Interestingly, the ergonomic keyboard that goes with my Intellimouse 2.0 Explorer has continued to work fine.

Please tell me how to fix my Microsoft Intellimouse 2.0 Explorer.  Also, I’d appreciate an explanation of what’s going on.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Win 7 32 bit SP1, Office 2010 SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 MHZ, 4 gb ram, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset

March updates installed two days ago  Everything but my mice is working fine.

While changing the batteries

• #183337 Reply

Ascaris
      AskWoody_MVP

Have you tried moving the mice to a different USB port to rule out the one you usually use for the mouse being bad?

Once the port was ruled out, I would try creating a Linux live USB drive and see how the mice work in that.

Group "L" (KDE Neon User Edition 5.16 & Kubuntu 18.04).

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #185579 Reply

cesmart4125
      AskWoody Lounger

Ascaris, thank you.  Changing the USB port worked.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: mice stopped working Help!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.