News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft 365 Subscription Updates

Posted on pete518 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2016 for PC Microsoft 365 Subscription Updates

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        pete518
        AskWoody Plus

I have a subscription to Microsoft 365.  When I access Account information for any of the Office programs (WORD, Excel, etc.), it states that updates are automatically downloaded and installed.  However I can never find specific references as to what updates have been installed. My question is should I be installing the Office 16 updates listed by Susan Bradley ?  I am running Windows 10 Pro ver 1909.

• #2276403 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The updates listed are for the msi version (persistent, locally installed) which updates through Windows Update.
        Office 365 and C2R have independent updating not connected to Windows Update.

• #2276466 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

See Release information for updates to Microsoft 365 Apps for links to details about security and feature updates for the desktop apps.

--Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft 365 Subscription Updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.