News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Microsoft Account linking to X-Box ID

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Microsoft Account linking to X-Box ID

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        HoosierDaddy
        AskWoody Plus

I didn’t see a forum for Microsoft accounts so….. please move if a better forum.

I am leaving my ISP and with it the email address from it I used to create my Microsoft account many many years ago.

Easy enough to add my new email address to my Microsoft account and then make it my primary, BUT…..

At some point Microsoft assigned an X-box ID to the account which appears to be linked to that original email address. If I log on to my Microsoft account with my new email (the alternate ID), the session is NOT linked to that X-Box ID.

I really want to keep the stats and history for that ID.

And I also want to make my new email my primary email for my Microsoft account and remove the old email but suspect doing that would render the X-Box ID lost forever.

FWIW, I don’t own an X-box, never did own an X-box and have no plans to own an X-box so hopefully any solution to this does not involve actually logging on to an X-Box.

If anyone has changed their primary email for their Microsoft account and somehow linked that email to the X-Box ID Microsoft generated for the previous email, I would like to know how.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Microsoft Account linking to X-Box ID

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.