News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• microsoft edge question

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 microsoft edge question

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        anonymous

Hello,
        Can someone tell me why clicking on my desktop edge icon always takes me to the xfinity sign in page and not to my xfinity homepage? I saved my xfinity homepage, username and password in edge yet it still goes to the xfinity sign in page every time! Edge does auto fill my info but i still need to check a box to “always keep me signed in” than i click on “sign in”

When i used internet explorer just one click on the ie desktop icon and my xfinity homepage opened right up,no extra clicks like edge??
        Thank you in advance

doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

I have an idea, that your browser (Edge) deletes files after closing the window.

You can choose what to delete here:
        Launch the Edge browser.
        Go to “Settings”.
        Choose “Settings” > “Privacy, search and services”.
        Choose what to clear every time you close the browser

Focus on cookies and make sure, they are not deleted when Edge is closed. Hope this is it, hope it helps 🙂

coo-and-oth

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 20H2 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

PRUSA i3 MK3S+

anonymous

Hello doriel,
          Thanks for your info. it got me thinking and next to the “Choose what to clear every time you close the browser” i clicked on the arrow > and if “cookies and other site data” is turned on it says “DO NOT CLEAR” with an ADD box that i could click to add exceptions to NOT be cleared when you close your browser and BINGO!! It worked!! so thank you again for guiding me to the proper area of the edge settings causing this issue.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: microsoft edge question

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.