News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Microsoft OneDrive: The basics

Home Forums AskWoody blog Microsoft OneDrive: The basics

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Lance Whitney
        AskWoody_MVP

onedrive Microsoft OneDrive: The basics By Lance Whitney Want to be able to back up and synchronize your files with Microsoft OneDrive but aren’t sure
        [See the full post at: Microsoft OneDrive: The basics]

WSFriscoJohn
        AskWoody Plus

How is OneDrive at protecting against Ransomeware attacks–i.e., when a bad actor encrypts all your files and asks for ransom to make them available to you again?

rontpxz81
        AskWoody Lounger

If you want a Onedrive icon in your folder instead of original contents and the have to go to the Onedrive folder to find then-fine.
        Latest version started to transfer all my files automatically, barely got it to stop. Now I’m trying to put everything back where it was and can’t. Older version you could copy a file to Onedrive and keep the original in the original folder.
        I don’t want or need all of my folders in Onedrive.

cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

I’ve noticed on a couple systems that even though I skip the backup of documents, pictures and desktop, the documents folder magically appears in the onedrive folder. One system had all 3 show up even though it’s set not to back them up.

RichardJ
        AskWoody Plus

Interesting article, just wish I’d seen it a while ago!

One issue I’d like help with. I have a large collection of photos on my old PC, I treat One Drive as a back up of these files but want to keep them locally.  I have a new computer so want to transfer the files (thousands) to the new hard disk. What is the best way to achieve this? Simply downloading from One Drive was schedule to take days!   I tried copying via an external hard disk, but am very unclear what/if One Drive has made of this plan, masses of files all say waiting to sync, Although One Drive system tray says “up to date”!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Microsoft OneDrive: The basics

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.