News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 disappears when minimized

Posted on AlanEadie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 disappears when minimized

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  geraldj4 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

AlanEadie
      AskWoody Plus

When I minimise Outlook in Widows 10 it simply disappears.  Consequently, I have to leave Outlook open on my screen all the time.  Suggestions to solve this would be appreciated, please.

• #2018508 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

What version of Outlook?

Does it minimize to the notification area? If it does, right click on the Outlook icon and make sure that “Hide when minimized” (or some similar term) is NOT checked.

--Joe

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  joep517.
    • #2018511 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

Is your Taskbar visible (usually at the bottom of your screen)?

• #2018751 Reply

Bundaburra
      AskWoody Plus

If you look in Task Manager (or Process Explorer) after Outlook has disappeared, is it still actually running?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909

• #2018838 Reply

geraldj4
      AskWoody Plus

I’ve had a similar thing happen and I discovered it in the upper left hand side of my monitor.  Easy to miss until I found it.  No idea why and no logic to when it happens.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10 disappears when minimized

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.