• Microsoft pushing Windows 11 ahead of schedule

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Questions about Windows 11 » Microsoft pushing Windows 11 ahead of schedule

Author
    Topic

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-21h2

Current status as of January 26, 2022 (PT)

The upgrade offer to Windows 11 is entering its final phase of availability and is designated for broad deployment for eligible devices*…we are advancing the pace of the rollout faster than we originally announced and entering the final phase of availability for Windows 11 ahead of our initial plan of mid-2022…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

“Since the launch of Windows 11 in October, we have seen strong demand and preference for Windows 11 with people upgrading their eligible PCs at twice the rate we saw for Windows 10.”

Really?

“Since the launch of Windows 11 in October, we have seen strong demand and preference for Windows 11 with people upgrading their eligible PCs at twice the rate we saw for Windows 10.”

Really?

Yeah, I can believe it.

When Windows 10 came out, many Windows 7 users did everything they could to avoid being “upgraded” to Windows 10… so it’s not surprising (but still hilarious) that the Microsoft marketing folks are now choosing to use the prior problematic Win7-to-Win10 migration as a likely-favorable basis for comparison.

Hope this helps.

Really?

Interesting statement when ~55% of PCs are incompatible with Windows 11 hardware/software requirements.

Interesting statement when ~55% of PCs are incompatible with Windows 11 hardware/software requirements.

The announcement wasn’t talking about incompatible PC’s.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. We don't all have to do the same things.

time to bust out the “TargetReleaseVersion” & “TargetReleaseVersionInfo” reg entries and set those on my bro’s HP Spectre x360 laptop which had been offered the Win11 upgrade several weeks ago but I declined the offer

I didn’t say anything but “Really”? If you read closely you see the QUOTE marks? The comment inside the quote marks IS NOT my comment.

For the record, my computer, which was 4 years old in December, IS compatible with Windows 11.

Actually, @Alex5723 did not write that.  And although what you originally posted was not something you yourself said, as duly noted by the use of quotation marks, you did indeed “post” it in a reply.

And @Alex5723 was replying to the statement you quoted, not necessarily to you, but when using the QUOTE tool, it attributes the material quoted to the author of the post being quoted.  In addition, the reply you quoted was mine:

And it was directed toward @Alex5723 as should be noted by its placement in the post, after quoting @Alex5723.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. We don't all have to do the same things.

With the Win 7 to Win 10 “push”, we were able to pick out and avoid installing the so called “updates” and “patches” that made that push possible.  I’m very grateful to Woody and his team at that time who gave us all the KB numbers of the nefarious “updates” in Windows Updates.

I’m not sure if this could be done on a present day Win 10 computer.

We're getting Sticker Shock everywhere now, not just car dealers.

I’m not sure if this could be done on a present day Win 10 computer.

Yes it can on both Pro (GPedit) and Home (registry hack).
      See https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/6000005-registry-keys-and-group-policy-info-to-keep-windows-10-from-going-to-11/

That’s great and I’m glad that computer savvy people who know this can fight back.  But I have to think about all the people like my sister who are not tech savvy and just let MS have its way with their computers.

We're getting Sticker Shock everywhere now, not just car dealers.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: Microsoft pushing Windows 11 ahead of schedule

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.