News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft rolling new Gmail, Google Drive, calendar integration on Outlook.com

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Outlook and email programs Microsoft rolling new Gmail, Google Drive, calendar integration on Outlook.com

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Something interesting is currently happening on Microsoft’s Outlook.com webmail. The company has apparently started rolling out new integrations with Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive, allowing users to access these Google services right from their Outlook.com inbox…

Microsoft is apparently rolling out a new Gmail and Google Drive integration on Outlook.com

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2008555 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

It’s going to be interesting to watch.

You can already use Outlook to handle Gmail – and vice-versa. (I, for one, use Gmail for everything, including my Microsoft email accounts.) Big question is whether this integration is more than just skin deep.

And the next big question is if changes to either Outlook or Gmail break the connection.

• #2008560 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

You can already use Outlook to handle Gmail

@woody, Outlook as the software ? The integration is with Outlook web-mail.

• #2008566 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Gulp. I didn’t catch that – I use Outlook.com exactly never. But I just hopped over there and discovered this. Doesn’t that add a Gmail account to the online version of Outlook? (Or am I already signed up for the new version of Outlook.com?)

Attachments:
    • #2009240 Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

I wonder if this means that Google scripts will be running in the background? Up until now, Microsoft sites have been about the only places on the Web that aren’t running any Google scripts. I will be bitterly disappointed if Microsoft is now running Google scripts on the associated Microsoft websites.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft rolling new Gmail, Google Drive, calendar integration on Outlook.com

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.