News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft Store won’t update or download

Posted on jpaterjr Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Microsoft Store won’t update or download

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

jwitalka 5 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author

jpaterjr
      AskWoody Plus

I purchased a PC on eBay which has Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 operating system. The Microsoft store will not update any apps, or install new apps. When I try, the app seems to be downloading briefly, then gives an error message:

“Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help. Code: 0x80073CFE”

During the attempted download the displayed download speed starts out high, then slowly reduces until I get the error.

There is no problem with normal Windows Update.

I did report the problem to Microsoft, but found that it has been reported by others. I have searched on the web and tried several solutions but nothing has changed.

Is there anything you can help with?

Otherwise the PC works fine.

• #324184 Reply

jwitalka
      AskWoody MVP

I purchased a PC on eBay which has Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 operating system. The Microsoft store will not update any apps, or install new apps. When I try, the app seems to be downloading briefly, then gives an error message: “Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help. Code: 0x80073CFE” During the attempted download the displayed download speed starts out high, then slowly reduces until I get the error. There is no problem with normal Windows Update. I did report the problem to Microsoft, but found that it has been reported by others. I have searched on the web and tried several solutions but nothing has changed. Is there anything you can help with? Otherwise the PC works fine.

Try the windows Store App troubleshooter:

Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot >Windows Store Apps

Jerry

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft Store won’t update or download

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.