News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA)

Posted on Microfix Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA)

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA)
        for Windows 7 (.NET 4.5 or above required), Windows 8.1 and 10

Information:

The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant works by running tests to figure out what’s wrong and offers the best solution for the identified problem. It can currently fix Office, Office 365, Outlook, and Windows problems. If the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant can’t fix a problem for you, it will suggest next steps and help you get in touch with Microsoft support.

This MSFT utility has been released that claims to assist in troubleshooting/ fixing issues with the following:

Microsoft Office 365 (2019, 2016, or 2013, 32-bit or 64-bit)
        Microsoft Office 2019 (32-bit or 64-bit; Click-to-Run or MSI installations)
        Microsoft Office 2016 (32-bit or 64-bit; Click-to-Run or MSI installations)
        Microsoft Office 2013 (32-bit or 64-bit; Click-to-Run or MSI installations)
        Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit)

I’ve also read elsewhere that it also helps with MSFT Teams, OneDrive, Outlook on the web and Skype to name a few..

Current version is: 17.00.5555.00 released 21st October 2020

I suggest reading through the installation procedure first within the official link:
        https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/100607

Unfortunately, it’s not portable (yet?)

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2306003 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

Anyone remember Microsoft Fixit‘s?

They became Microsoft Easy Fix‘s… until they were discontinued.

IMO Microsoft does not have a stellar history of maintaining its automated repair tools.

• #2306009 Reply
          Microfix
          AskWoody MVP

Yes Rick I do remember Microsoft Fixit that never quite got there..
          I get the impression that SaRA will also kill of the Windows Troubleshooter and may/ may not be integrated into W10 in a future ‘creature update’ (Speculative – part of the AI self healing, so to speak)

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
      • #2306019 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

> 50 MB download to troubleshoot? no thanks

i guess it’s only helpful for Office 365 cloud issues

• #2306051 Reply
          anonymous

And Office Setup/Activation/Uninstall, Outlook Advanced Diagnostics, Windows Activation (even without a Microsoft Account).

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.